GROW SALES ASSOCIATE
Kopo Kopo aspires to change the way businesses access financial services in emerging and frontier markets. We are partnering with wildly successful mobile money systems like M-PESA to build a lending platform that enables businesses to access credit and other value-added services through digital payment acceptance.
The Grow Sales Associate will work under in the Grow Department: Kopo Kopo’s division responsible for it’s cash advance service offered to merchants on the Kopo Kopo platform.
Principal duties will involve: actively selling to eligible merchants and converting them to Grow
customers; and ensuring their assigned market segment is well supported.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
o Contacting and understanding the financing needs of eligible Grow merchants
o Converting new merchants within their assigned market segment
o Work with the Grow Operations Team to ensure applicants pass minimum know your customer (KYC) requirements
● Customer Management
o Liaise with the support and sales teams to ensure merchant inquiries are responded to within 4 business hours
o Provide quality customer service to both Grow and interested non-Grow merchants
o Build and manage relationships with merchants in their assigned segment to maintain high retention and repeat use rates
● Product Reporting
o Report to the program manager on any product features that can be improved (or bugs to be fixed) to better the merchant experience
o Report to the program manager on any new features that can be developed to improve the merchant experience
● Performance Tracking
o Closely monitor the repayment behavior of the assigned merchants and report on regular basis to the program manager
Key Performance Targets
○ Meet targets on the number of merchants contacted on weekly and monthly
○ Achieve pre-defined sales targets in terms of the number of Grow applications
and the volume disbursed.
● Merchant Inquiry Response Time
○ Respond to merchant inquiries within 4 business hours.
○ Keep standard sales reports up to date.
Desired Skills and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university
● 3+ years of experience in the financial services sector; preferably selling financial
● Working knowledge of mobile payments products and solutions
● Strong attention to detail
● Strong organizational skills
● Excellent problem solving abilities
● Strong track record of working well with their teams
If interested, email your CV and cover letter with subject line Grow Operations Associate to email@example.com